Internal grinding of medium to oversized components that require strong rigidity of the main machine units and high productivity
STANDARD MACHINE RANGE
NOVA M12 S
NOVA M12 T
NOVA M12 S M
NOVA M12 T M
Ø 350 mm ≠ 400 mm
Ø 280 mm ≠ 400 mm
Ø 350 mm ≠ 400 mm
Ø 280 mm ≠ 400 mm
A range of highly flexible, combined grinding machines which are suitable for grinding applications on inner and outer surfaces of workparts with outside diameters ranging from 5 to 350 mm and width up to 400 mm (max. length to be ground 225 mm). Several clamping systems available, including diaphragm chuck, roll-shoe and mag-drive shoe-centerless devices. Dressing units depending on the workpart profiles, ranging from diamond rolls, rotary dressing wheels and diamond rings mounted on the workhead to CNC controlled double-fulcrum rotary dressers or single-point dressers, for both conventional as well as CBN wheels.
MAIN AVAILABLE DEVICES
– Internal grinding unit that can be swivelled up to 15° – Four-position wheel spindle turret
– External grinding unit with wheel diameter of 508 mm for outer or front surfaces
– Automatic wheel balancing unit
– Nova CNC control specifically designed for optimum grinding performance
– In-process electronic sizing unit
– Post-process electronic sizing unit
– Possibility to equip the machine with Siemens or Fanuc CNC controls
– Automation: integrated automatic loaders, gantry loader or articulated robots
– Quick-changeover device for off-line setup
– Automatic taper correction device for internal wheel or workhead unit
– Steady rest for workpart centering
The key feature of Nova M12 is flexibility.
This range of grinders can be configured to meet the specific grinding needs of our customers.
Tangential grinding RFT device
Plunge or oscillation grinding of outside cylindrical or tapered diameters as well as outer front faces simultaneously with the bore. The wheel movement is carried out by means of two CNC-controlled overlapping slides (U and W axes). The RFT device is equipped with a wheel mount flange and primary wheel guard.
Wheel spindle turret
The unit can accommodate up to four electric spindles with CNC-controlled indexing (A axis). The indexing repeatability 150 mm from the spindle holder is guaranteed below 1μ. One of the spindle holders mounted on the turret can be swivelled by up to 6° for the tangential grinding of a inner front face with wheel.
The electric workhead spindle, driven by a module in the axes drive, revolves on high-precision ball bearings and is equipped with incremental gear transducer and brake for the spindle stop in a set position. Optionally, the machine can be equipped with an encoder (C axis) for the grinding of non-round or eccentric surfaces.
Available fixtures for workpart clamping or centering:
– Diaphragm type chuck with clamping on the pitch or outside diameter (specific for gears)
– Diaphragm type chuck with front clamp
– Workpart clamping by self-centering chuck
– Roll-shoe centering fixture with integrated loader
– Shoe-type centering fixture with loader and workpart drive by electromagnetic chuck
– Expanding mandrel
The unit can accommodate holders for one, two or three single-point diamonds depending on the profile to be obtained on the wheel.
DIAMOND ROLL DRESSER
The up- and downward motion of the dresser is hydraulically operated. The dressing takes place in plunge system with a profiled roll or by interpolation of the machine axes with a forming roll. The unit is equipped with a diamond roll rotation check device.
Directly mounted on the workhead.
DOUBLE-FULCRUM ROTARY DRESSER
To obtain wheel radius profiles with form errors lower than 1µ. The unit can accommodate a fixed holder for up to 3 single-point diamonds. The rotation of the dresser holder is electrically controlled by AC motor via gear reducer and encoder (E axis).
Electric spindle for the dressing of CBN wheels.