Combined grinding machines for simultaneous finishing of multiple surfaces of medium to large components.
These components require main machine units with strong rigidity and high productivity, while maintaning a high degree of flexibility.
STANDARD MACHINE RANGE
NOVA M12 S
NOVA M12 T
NOVA M12 S M
NOVA M12 T M
Ø 350 mm ≠ 400 mm
Ø 280 mm ≠ 400 mm
Ø 350 mm ≠ 400 mm
Ø 280 mm ≠ 400 mm
A variety of highly flexible combined grinding machines for multiple surfaces of a wide range of workpieces. These machines are capable of grinding workpieces with outside diameters ranging from 5 to 350 mm and widths of up to 400 mm (with a maximum length to be ground of 225 mm). These machines feature several clamping systems, including diaphragm chuck, roll-shoe, and magnetic drive shoe-centerless devices. Dressing units are also customized to the workpiece specific profiles, ranging from diamond rolls, rotary dressing wheels, and diamond rings mounted on the workhead to CNC-controlled double-fulcrum rotary dressers or single-point dressers for both conventional and CBN wheels.
MAIN AVAILABLE DEVICES
– Internal grinding unit that can be swivelled up to 15°
– Four-position wheel spindle turret
– External grinding unit with wheel diameter of 508 mm for outer or front surfaces
– Automatic wheel balancing unit
– Nova CNC control specifically designed for optimum grinding performance
– Industry 4.0 ready
– In-process electronic sizing unit
– Post-process electronic sizing unit
– Possibility to equip the machine with Siemens or Fanuc CNC controls
– Automation: integrated automatic loaders, gantry loader or articulated robots
– Quick-changeover device for off-line setup
– Automatic taper correction device for internal wheel or workhead unit
– Steady rest for workpart centering
Flexibility is the hallmark of the Nova M12 range of combined grinding machines. These machines can be tailored to meet the unique grinding requirements of our customers.
Tangential grinding RFT device
Plunge or oscillation grinding of outside cylindrical or tapered diameters as well as outer front faces, simultaneously with the bore. The wheel movement is carried out by means of two CNC-controlled overlapping slides (U and W axes). The RFT device is equipped with a primary wheel guard and an automatic wheel balacing system.
Wheel spindle turret
The unit, with CNC-controlled indexing (A axis), can accommodate up to four electric spindles. The indexing repeatability 150 mm from the spindle holder is guaranteed below 1μ. One of the spindle holders mounted on the turret can be swivelled by up to 6° for the tangential grinding of a inner front face.
The workhead spindle on our machines is electric and driven by an axes drive module. It rotates on high-precision ball bearings and includes a spindle brake to stop the spindle in a set position.
For grinding non-round or eccentric surfaces, these combined grinding machines can be optionally equipped with an encoder (C axis). Available fixtures for workpart clamping or centering:
– Diaphragm type chuck with clamping on the pitch or outside diameter (specific for gears)
– Diaphragm type chuck with front clamp
– Workpart clamping by self-centering chuck
– Roll-shoe centering fixture with integrated loader
– Shoe-type centering fixture with loader and workpart drive by electromagnetic chuck
– Expanding mandrel
This unit can hold one, two, or three single-point diamonds, depending on the desired profile for the wheel.
DIAMOND ROLL DRESSER:
The dresser’s spindle can be hydraulic or electric driven. The dressing process is either done in plunge mode with a profiled roll or by interpolating machine axes with a forming roll. The unit includes a diamond roll rotation check device.
This is directly mounted on the workhead.
DOUBLE-FULCRUM ROTARY DRESSER:
This unit is used to achieve wheel radius profiles with form errors lower than 1µ. It can hold up to three single-point diamonds on a fixed holder or an electric spindle with diamond disk. The dresser holder’s rotation is electrically controlled by an AC motor via gear reducer and encoder (E axis).
This electric spindle is used to dress CBN wheels.